2012 Wine Tasting and Silent Auction:
The 2012 fundraiser was a great success - thanks to all of YOU!!!
On June 16th, 2012, friends, family and scholarship supporters gathered at the Garons
for another successful event. This year's event featured an Olympic theme, with Greek-themed food,
wines from a variety of countries and, of course, the good old USA!
There were great items for auction; door prizes, the signature "blind tastings"
and even the Olympic Torch Bearer!. We added a blinded "soda" tasting. .
for the non- wine drinkers! In addition, Mike Votaw led a Miata-run preceding the event.
Tasting winners - 1st:Holly Bourda (she donated the prize BACK!) - 2nd: Wendy Ruhm - 3rd: Lance
2011 was the first ever: Wine Tasting and Silent Auction !
The event received great reviews (so great,we keep repeating it!): A fun afternoon with food, good wines,
blind tastings (a contest!), prizes and Silent Auction. Attendees enjoyed it so much, they asked us to
repeat it in 2012 (and so we are!)
Gary Scott, of Ramona and the Miata Club, was the Grand Prize winner for the wine tasting.
2010 Major fundraiser: World Cup/Car Rally - Sunday, June 13, 2010
- This event was put on in conjunction with the San Diego Miata Club,
as well as the Garon - Balderrama extended families.
- Four teams of cars (and drivers) : England, Brazil, New Zealand and Germany
"competed" in the Rally - which was a great success and helped us give out four
scholarships this year!
- The Champions were New Zealand, but everyone did a great job and had fun.
- The England team, decked out in uniforms, balls, whistles, cheers, won the
- Special Recognition for their team spirit.
Sue Hinkle was the day's MVP!